Brand: Marde Ross & Company
- 25 Seeds and Growing Instructions. Moringa is one of the most Nutricious Superfoods. It has 18 of the 20 Amino Acids in Protein, Anti-oxidants, Anti-Inflammatories, and many times the Nutrients in much of our diet.
- It is grown in tropical regions and will take drought when established. The tree is very fast growing and takes well to frequent harvesting by chopping off the top 2/3 of the tree. Also edible are the seeds and stems.
- This tree growns from seed and from cuttings. The trees will not take frost, but can be brought inside in winter.
- Leaves can be cooked, or dried and made into powder to add to dishes or drinks. The tree replaces its cut branches in weeks and is one of the plants that can feed the world.
- Non GMO and Neonicotinoid Seed Marde Ross & Company has been a Licensed California Nursery since 1985.
Publisher: Rising Phoenix
Details: Moringa is a plant that is native to the sub-Himalayan areas of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan. It is also grown in the tropics. The leaves, bark, flowers, fruit, seeds, and root are used to make medicine. Worldwide, Moringa is used for "tired blood" (anemia); arthritis and other joint pain (rheumatism); asthma; cancer; constipation; diabetes; diarrhea; epilepsy; stomach pain; stomach and intestinal ulcers; intestinal spasms; headache; heart problems; high blood pressure; kidney stones; fluid retention; thyroid disorders; and bacterial, fungal, viral, and parasitic infections. Moringa is sometimes applied directly to the skin as a germ-killer or drying agent (astringent). It is also used topically for treating pockets of infection (abscesses), athlete's foot, dandruff, gum disease(gingivitis), snakebites, warts, and wounds. Oil from moringa seeds is used in foods, perfume, and hair care products, and as a machine lubricant. Moringa is an important food source in some parts of the world. Because it can be grown cheaply and easily, and the leaves retain lots of vitamins and minerals when dried, moringa is used in India and Africa in feeding programs to fight malnutrition. The immature green pods (drumsticks) are prepared similarly to green beans, while the seeds are removed from more mature pods and cooked like peas or roasted like nuts. The leaves are cooked and used like spinach, and they are also dried and powdered for use as a condiment. The seed cake remaining after oil extraction is used as a fertilizer and also to purify well water and to remove salt from seawater. Moringa contains proteins, vitamins, and minerals. As an antioxidant, it seems to help protect cells from damage
Package Dimensions: 5.0 x 3.0 x 0.2 inches