Brand: Gaea's Blessing Seeds
- Melissa Officinalis. Certified Organic and Non-GMO. Open-Pollinated.
- High germination rate - 86% with current 2019 lot
- Lemon Balm, is often used for culinary and traditional medicinal purposes. Lemon balm, a plant in the mint family, has delightfully lemon scented leaves with great flavor, medicinal, and aromatic properties.
- Makes a great, flavorful tea often said to ease stress and anxiety, lemon balm contains a compound known as rosmarinic acid that appears to have potent antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
- Gaea's Blessing is based in Illinois, USA. We are committed to promoting sustainable growing methods, to protecting the biodiversity of our planet, to doing our best to ensure the wellness of the environment, and above all, to ensuring our customers' satisfaction. As adopters of the Safe Seed Pledge, we do not consciously buy or sell seeds that have been genetically modified.
Publisher: Gaea's Blessing Seeds
(Melissa Officinalis) Open-pollinated, Non-GMO, Certified Organic. Lemon balm is an herb in the mint family often used for culinary purposes to make teas, marinate chicken or fish, or flavor baked foods and jams. Lemon balm is also believed to treat a range of medical disorders affecting the digestive tract, nervous system, and liver. Its use dates back to the 14th century when Carmelite nuns used it to make an alcoholic tonic popularly known as Carmelite water.
Today, lemon balm is used in traditional medicine to as both a sleep aid and digestive tonic. It can be consumed as a tea, taken as a supplement or extract, or applied to the skin in balms and lotion. Lemon balm essential oil is also popular in aromatherapy, where it is believed to promote calmness and ease stress.