- SUPERIOR OPTICS: The Celestron 70 millimeter Travel Scope features high quality fully coated glass optics, a potent 70 millimeter objective lens, and user friendly features. Its quality is unmatched in its class and against competitors
- POWERFUL EYEPIECES FOR UP CLOSE VIEWING: This Celestron telescope is equipped with two quality eyepieces (20 millimeter and 10 millimeter ) that provide low power and high power views of celestial objects at night and terrestrial subjects during the day
- LARGE 70 millimeter OBJECTIVE LENS: Our telescope is equipped with a large 70 millimeter aperture refractor lens with light gathering capabilities that provide clear views of stars and planets. Setting up and using the Travel Scope is quick and easy
- BONUS BAG, TRIPOD, AND SOFTWARE: This Travel Scope can be taken anywhere. We've included a handy travel backpack, a full height tripod, and BONUS Starry Night Astronomy Software Package
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from the world's #1 telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You'll also receive a 2 year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US based experts
Release Date: 01-02-2009
Details: The Celestron 21035 Travel Scope 70 is a compact 70mm refractor telescope optimized for portability and convenience. The telescope, the tripod, and all the accessories fit conveniently into a padded backpack style soft carrying case. The complete accessory package includes a 45 degree correct image prism, a 20mm eyepiece for 20X magnification, and a 10mm eyepiece for 40X. The fully illustrated instruction manual is supplemented by a copy of "The Sky X" astronomy software that turns your PC into a virtual planetarium.
With a focal length of 400mm and a focal ratio of f/5.7, the Travel Scope 70 compares surprisingly well with popular f/5 "Short Tube 80" refractors but at a much lower cost. The Travel Scope 70 uses a number of plastic components to keep the cost and weight down, including a plastic focuser and plastic lens shade, but the all glass lenses deliver beautiful views of backyard birds during the daytime and lovely views of the Moon and stars at night.
The Travel Scope 70 offers daytime views that compare with more expensive spotting scopes. The 20mm eyepiece gives 20X magnification and a 2.5 degree field of view, with plenty of crisp detail when I’m looking at backyard birds. The travel Scope 70 is also quick and easy to set up at night. The deep orange glow of the recent Lunar Eclipse was simply gorgeous, and I was even able to take some pictures using the Travel Scope 70 and a PowerShot camera. When I look at Jupiter using the 10mm eyepiece (40X magnification) I can easily see four moons near the planet. And rich field views of the Milky Way are often at their best in a small scope with a wide field of view.
The tripod included with the Travel Scope 70 is described as a “full size photo tripod”, but I like it best as a table-top tripod with the legs kept short. The tripod is designed to be light and compact, but that means the legs are thin and wobbly when fully extended. --Jeff Phillips
Package Dimensions: 18.2 x 13.7 x 6.8 inches